Andy Woodward was 'too frightened to speak out' over Sexual Abuse


Image result for Andy Woodward IMAGES

Andy Woodward says that the fear of failure to fulfill his dream of becoming a professional footballer prevented him from speaking through the sexual abuse he suffered.

In an interview last week with The Guardian, the former Sheffield United player broke his silence over the abuses he suffered at the hands of Barry Bennell then coach at Crewe Alexandra in age from 11.15 between them.

Bennell was sentenced to nine years in 1998 after pleading guilty to sex crimes.
Sky News understands that 11 people are now near Cheshire Police with the alleged misuse of information regarding football related and the forces are trying to contact them. No arrests were made.

Former Crewe player Steve Walters also revealed the abuse at the hands of a convicted pedophile Bennell while the third, former England striker Paul Stewart, describes the abuse at the hands of the UN appointed coach.

In an exclusive interview with Sky Sports News HQ, Woodward said: "I was afraid, I was afraid, all kinds of emotions that I can not even describe in words what I felt.

"But the bottom line is that I knew that the man had the key to his future, and that threat is constant insignificant gave me what I really wanted, and all I wanted was to get old Trafford or the Gresty way - wherever it may be - just to become a professional football player.

"That's what all the other victims spent, it had to be for this power and control over everything."

When asked if he felt it would cost him the chance to fulfill his 43-year dream, he added: "Of course, and that's what everyone will say

"This fear has exceeded the desire to play and they, and might have had about it was so big that the complete control of the football really.

"For many years, I blamed himself for what happened, it's probably too early to talk about real feelings, but I said a long time ago, he brought so many memories.

"But you go through all kinds of emotions of guilt and" why I do not tell someone? I'm at the point now where I know why you do not say anything, because it was not my fault ... it was not my fault what happened. "

And Woodward believes that it can still have a number of players going through the same ordeal he and Walters, because "some bad coaches in football."

"It is tragic to say, and it's really sad, football is the most beautiful game in the world and there are so many wonderful coaches and absolutely fantastic," he added.

"But there were some evil coaches in football and I think it will be something very big in terms of how many people have suffered."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jose Gimenez's goal secured a late win for Uruguay against Egypt

Chelsea sign Bakayoko from Monaco for £40M

Ronaldo on a rare run of goals and assists for Juventus