Steven Gerrard departed LA Galaxy

Gerrard made 34 appearances for the MLS side

Steven Gerrard says he has no regrets about joining LA Galaxy from Liverpool but is disappointed he couldn't win a trophy in his time at the club
Los Angeles Galaxy have confirmed that Steven Gerrard will not return to the club for the 2017 MLS season.
The 36-year-old midfielder has been playing for the Galaxy for the past 18 months following his exit from boyhood club Liverpool but hinted earlier this week that his time in the United States was coming to an end.
The American club were hoping he would sign a new contract and remain in California for another season but Gerrard has decided to head home following the Galaxy's MLS play-off shoot-out defeat to the Colorado Rapids last week.
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/static.fresh8.co/assets/sky/logos/Euro2016-badge-england.png?version=build-756https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/static.fresh8.co/assets/sky/logos/Euro2016-badge-spain.png?version=build-756
Over 2.5 goals, 8+ match corners and Henderson to be carded
Vardy to score, BTTS, 4+ corners in each half and 20+ match booking pts
Lallana to score, England to win and each team 4+ corners
BTTS, over 3.5 goals and 5+ corners in each half
Over 2.5 goals and each team 5+ corners
BTTS, each team 4+ corners and 20+ match booking pts

Gerrard made 34 appearances for the MLS side
Former England and Liverpool captain Gerrard departs LA after scoring five goals and making 14 assists in his 34 appearances for the club.
In an open letter to Galaxy fans, he wrote: "Over the last year and a half, it has been a privilege to represent the LA Galaxy and play in front of this club's great fans.
"When I left Liverpool, I came to Los Angeles with the goal of helping the LA Galaxy lift another MLS Cup. I am very disappointed to have not achieved that objective, but I can look back at my time at the club with pride at what we accomplished, including two straight play-off appearances and countless memorable moments on the pitch.

"I have loved every minute of my time in the States and playing for the LA Galaxy. I am excited to see this league and this great club continue to grow.
"As someone who spent the whole of their career in Liverpool, it has been an incredible experience to come to Los Angeles and play for the LA Galaxy. I would like to thank Mr. Anschutz, Dan Beckerman, Chris Klein and Bruce Arena for this opportunity. I would also like to thank my team-mates, the coaching staff, the team staff and each and every supporter for their support since I arrived at this club.
"To the Galaxy fans at StubHub Center, it has been an honour to play in front of you. From my debut against San Jose to my final match in Colorado, you have shown me amazing support and I will never forget that. I am excited to continue to support the Galaxy going forward and I look forward to seeing you all again in Los Angeles soon.

"Los Angeles will always have a special place in my heart. As I depart, I want to thank everyone at the club for making my time here so memorable for me and my family.
"Thank you and go Galaxy."  
Gerrard has been linked with a return to Liverpool in a coaching capacity and also a reunion with former Reds manager Brendan Rodgers at Celtic, but does not appear to have made a decision on his future at this stage.
"I am now looking forward to spending time with my family as I consider the next stage of my career," he said.
"It's certainly not the end of things for me in football terms, I have got a lot of things to consider and I'm sure I'll be back involved in the coming months.
"I've got options on the pitch and off the pitch, I have got a bit of thinking to do in the next few weeks."


Galaxy coach Bruce Arena paid tribute to Gerrard's spell at the club.
"We were honoured to have a player and person of Steven's calibre represent the LA Galaxy over the past two seasons," he said.
"His experience, class and leadership made him a valuable member of this team both on and off the field.
"I will always remember his last kick for the LA Galaxy as he smashed home his penalty against Tim Howard.

"We thank Steven for his time and contributions to this club and we wish him the best in whatever comes next.
"He is one of the most iconic players of all-time and he will always be a part of the LA Galaxy family."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jose Gimenez's goal secured a late win for Uruguay against Egypt

Chelsea sign Bakayoko from Monaco for £40M

Ronaldo on a rare run of goals and assists for Juventus